A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Monday, September 03, 2012

The many hats we wear.....

My husband and I both have jobs outside the home, have a toddler, 2 small home based businesses AND our little farm (please understand, we are overworked and exhausted most of the time but we are not rich as far as money is concerned!).  Needless to say, we wear many hats!  I recently spent a whole day sorting orders for my spice business.  I enjoy the spice business, it's a little thing I do just for me.  I love to see the unique blends the company creates.  Every season there's something new and exciting.  We raise as much of our own food as possible and I want to season that food with a seasoning I trust.  Something that is not filled with MSG and other fillers we can't pronounce.  And the fact that it's a Canadian Company and is only sold in Canada is an added bonus.  I am happy to say, I am proud to sell this product.  :)



Normally, the orders aren't so large that they take me a day to sort and repack!  This was an awesome order, so much fun.  It's just like Christmas, waiting for that order to arrive.


Sometimes I wonder if we're too busy, are we taking enough time to "stop and smell the roses?".  Then I realize, we need to keep busy.  If we weren't doing what we are doing, what would we be doing?  Our son learns from what we do as well.  We always have wonder and doubt, no matter what we do.  If I were a couch potato and did nothing all day, I would probably wonder if I should be doing something other than watching TV haha!  So, we continue on.  Working away and making sure we squeeze in some much needed and much deserved family time.  Sometimes that family time involves building a new "barn" to house the meat chickens or a long drive through the valley with fishing lures, but it's still time spent together.

'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment