A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

It takes A LOT of tomatoes!

It takes a lot of tomatoes to make tomato sauce!


And a lot of time!  Peeling and de-seeding the tomatoes was very time consuming. And just when I thought I had every single seed, one would appear in the pot!


10 cups of peeled, de-seeded and chopped tomatoes....


Reducing down at an alarming rate!


I wasn't going to season the sauce, my plan was to leave it plain.  Then I decided if I season it, it's ready to go, no more cooking!  And I ended up with two 500 ml jars of Marinara Sauce.  A lot of work but it's fresh, tasty, pesticide and preservative free!  Home Made Goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment