A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go......

After enjoying a lot of family time during my recent 2 week vacation I am back to work.  Surprisingly I fell back into the swing of things very smoothly, sometimes it can be rough.  We didn't buy take out once this week.  Yay us!  Money saved and healthier bodies because of it.  Planning ahead is key, sometimes it's hard to do....

It has been raining for the past few days here in NS.  When I got home today I decided it would be a great idea to make Epicure Selections Chocolate Pudding.  My Son was so happy.  Very proud of his chocolate pudding, he did the stirring.


Speaking of take out, it's almost supper time.  I am resisting the temptation to order pizza.......  I had plans for hot chicken sandwiches (yes, with our home grown chicken and Epicure Selections Turkey Gravy) but the bakery was closed when I got off work so I didn't get bread on my way home.  So, I'm trying to figure out what plan B is....I guess we could always eat chocolate pudding for supper....?  Just kidding.....

'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment