A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Monday, November 05, 2012

Worth A Try.....

I finally attempted to construct a shelter over my salad greens in hopes of protecting them from the frost.  It's not much to look at, not sure if it's going to help or not but it's worth a try....


My husband wasn't super happy when he found out I used plastic packing he was saving for an archery target ha ha!  ooops!


Because I have discovered the soil isn't that great I have applied an organic fertilizer. Hoping for fresh salad greens from my own garden for another month or so, fingers crossed it doesn't snow!!!!

'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment