A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Happy Birthday To ME!

Today I celebrate that I have lived to see another year pass by.  And I do mean that to sound positively.

I started the day at Church.  Today my Son and I participated in Communion for the first time.  As they came with the wafer and the drink I took one for myself and one for my Son.  I thought it was grape juice.  So, as mothers look after their children first, I held the tiny glass to my sons lips, he spit out the tiny little sip he had taken.  I then drank mine and to my shock, surprise and embarrassment, it was WINE!!!  I was shocked because I was told it was okay for him to participate, I was embarrassed because I was giving my Son WINE!!!!!  I know, it's meant to be something more symbolic but to me at this point in time it is WINE!!!!!  After the service I asked my Son's Sunday School Teacher if it really was wine in the tiny little glass.  Apparently 90% of the glasses contain wine, and the other 10% contain grape juice.  The lighter coloured drink is grape juice.  Good to know for next time!

I will spend the rest of my Birthday painting my kitchen/dining room.  I spent yesterday painting the kitchen/dining room ceiling.  Today I am tired and would rather rest but there seems to be no rest for the weary.  I want to get the project of painting the main living area complete before Christmas.  The colour I have selected for the kitchen/dining room is called "Coffee Crisp", which is quite fitting since that is one of my favourite chocolate bars.  :)

'til next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment