A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Common Sense.....

I have this great desire to repaint our living quarters.  So far, after staying up until 4:00am, I have finished one coat on the kitchen/dining area.

Tonight my Son and I went to our Church Hall (no wine served tonight haha) and helped the Ladies Auxiliary decorate their Christmas tree.  The ladies enjoyed having him there.  So, on our way home he was begging me to put up my Christmas tree (artificial, in the basement).  As the words were coming out of my mouth "Mommy's not putting up her tree until she finishes her painting"  I realized, I'm an idiot.  There's no way I will get all the painting I have planned finished before Christmas.  And why does it need to get finished before Christmas?  The kitchen will be done, that will be a nice accomplishment.  The rest can be done after the holidays.

Sometimes you just have to give your head a shake and focus on what's important. Yes, the walls need paint but enjoying the holidays with family and friends is much more important.

I will be happy to have the kitchen completed and we're taking the time to do it right, I hope.  And when I look at the mess the kitchen is in and realize it will take another week or so for us to complete, I know deciding to finish that project and then move on to enjoying the holidays is the right decision.

'til next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment