A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Friday, November 30, 2012

The First Snow....

The first snow has fallen here in Nova Scotia.  Not a lot, just a light dusting.  My Son was so excited this morning.   I am waiting for the question "Is Santa Coming Now" from my Son since I brilliantly told him Santa can't come until it snows....so, it's snowed..Santa should be coming....right???  Oh the things we say and wish we could take back!!

Heading out to check out the snow.....

I have decided to turn our spare bedroom into an office for myself.  It has been packed with boxes of baby clothes, booster seats, car seats and other baby stuff for years, time to clear it out and put the room to use.  Letting go of the baby stuff is not easy but the idea of having a usable space is great incentive.

Assembling my new desk....yay!....

So, now I have to load the car up with 8 boxes of baby clothes which I'm donating to our hospital used clothing store and 2 boxes of books I'm donating to a local Family Support Centre.  There's many many many more boxes of clothes to go!

'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment