A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Things I'm Looking Forward To....

The first thing I'm looking forward to is as close as tomorrow morning.  Church service with my family.  My husband is attending as well and taking our Son to Sunday school.  I am particularly excited because this means I can attend the entire Church Service.

This afternoon my Son and I walked to the mailbox to check for our monthly Church newsletter.  It was there, full of wonderful information and inspiration.  I am pleased to say I have put my mind at rest and decided to stick with learning the ways of our little country Church.  I enjoy the "old fashioned" nature of it.  I just have to realize it will take awhile for me to "settle in".

As I read the newsletter I noticed they had birthdays listed, of course mine is not listed as they don't even know when my birthday is.  Obviously, it's this month since I expected it to be in the list.  Maybe next year.  As I read further I see a Community Christmas Potluck notice and I'm thinking what dish I could make to take to that event.

Here is a sobering quote that my husband would probably say pertains to me:
"cranky old men/women don't wake up cranky on their seventieth birthday.  They were cranky about lots of things for many years and by the time they hit seventy, they had a whole lot more to be cranky about......Thank God that there are still some years left to work on the "crankiness"!

I find this quote in the bulletin ironic since "crankiness" is something I am working on.  Finding happiness within myself again.  And Church is part of my solution, something I'm doing for ME, to find peace with the world around me.  And since I was considering looking into a different Church I find it very ironic, as if it was "meant to be".

As I read the community events and notices I realize this is what I want to be a part of, my community Church.  It has more meaning than just worship, it's community togetherness.  I just have to be patient and learn as I go.  Slowly but surely I will find my way!

'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment