A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Think I'm On A Quest....

Recently I wrote about taking the step to attend Church.  I am trying to figure out if the quaint little country Church is for me.  As I mentioned, the Pastor is very nice and the Parish as well but it's very "old fashioned".  I have a friend who attends a more modern Church and I think I may attend to see what it's all about.

Last week they had communion again.  I didn't participate as I didn't want to stress my Son out even more than he already was that day (a long story).  Plus, I had never taken part in communion before and I didn't realize my Son could take part at age 3.  One of the ladies told me I "didn't need to be a member to take communion".  At that moment I ended up with another question whirling around in my head, along with "what are those envelopes for".  How DO I become a member?  I assumed I was a member just by attending and giving to the collection plate!  Guess not.  And my Son is finding Sunday School to be very stressful, which is the opposite of what I had hoped.  Most weeks he is the only child since most of the congregation is elderly and being the only child means there's a lot of focus on YOU!  So, that means I don't only need to find a Church right for me, I need to find a Church that's right for my Family.

My heart urged me to attend Church so I leave it up to my heart to decide which Church is right for me.  Which Church speaks to me.....time will tell.

'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment