A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Cranberries for the Freezer.....

My side kick and I spent our evening cleaning the 10 lbs of cranberries we got at the market......


I was surprised how large they are this year with beautiful red colour....


There were a lot of berries to clean so I was glad to have the help....


Lots of sorting and washing to be done....


And finally, four 8 cup bags and one 6 cup bag later, we are finished!!!....


Lots of fresh, homemade cranberry sauce in our future!

'til next time!

2 comments: