A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Trip To Our Local Farm Market.....

Today we went to our local Farm Market.  I was in search of Fresh Cranberries and Apples........

I took this photo quickly as we were leaving.  I realize now, had I angled my camera down a bit it would have been a fantastic photo, including a bit more of the pumpkins below it......

I was surprised to see Russet Apples, one of my absolute favourite apples....


And we also got a bag of Jona Gold for work lunches and snacks.....


There's something about bins upon bins of bright orange pumpkins that scream "Welcome to Fall"....


And "Happy Halloween"!


And, even though we grew our own pumpkins my Son was also impressed by the bins of pumpkins and insisted on purchasing a "little one" for himself.....


He was devastated when we suggested giving it to his grandmother so she could make pies.  He got it out of the trunk of our car and took it to our pumpkin display. This pumpkin is not getting made into a pie any time soon.  It's actually a sugar pie pumpkin, that's why we suggested using it for pies.  Plus we have several pumpkins in our display.




The market had many scarecrow displays on the market property.  Gotta love the old tractor, and of course "grannie" in the drivers seat.




So, I got my cranberries, my apples and a turnip.......


A great trip to our Local Farm Market :)

'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment