A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Meatless Monday Sauces Wednesday's Chicken.....

Today is a stormy snowy day here in Nova Scotia.  Normally I would be at work but it was such a big storm most businesses are closed.  Today was supposed to be hubby's day to cook.  On the menu - Chicken.  Molto Bene Chicken to be exact. We eat a lot of meat at our house.  Whether it be pork, chicken or beef.  On Monday my son and I had pasta.  No meat, just pasta with a homemade dressing and diced tomatoes.






The homemade dressing is the new Molto Bene seasoning blend from Epicure.  I'm like a kid in a candy store when my Epicure order arrives, especially when it contains newly released products.  Since I was preparing a serving for two I didn't use all the dressing on the pasta and reserved some to make a sauce for my chicken tonight.  It would have been super easy for hubby.  Right now hubby is plowing snow in a blizzard so I am happily preparing supper.  I am going to mix the remaining dressing with a bit of no salt added tomato sauce and brown sugar to make a nice "bbq sauce" for my chicken.  So simple and so delicious.

I am like a "mad scientist" in the kitchen.  I mix up my own sauces and experiment with soups and stews.  That's why I enjoy Epicure.  I can take what they have created and build on it.  I can take a recipe and make it better.  More flavour and less sodium.  Pure deliciousness.


Here it is, the finished product.  Molto Bene Chicken Breast and veggies. Absolutely delicious!  The hint of sweetness from the brown sugar blended perfectly with the rosemary and garlic in the seasoning. This is definitely a flavour combination I will be using again.



My food photography leaves a bit to be desired, especially when it's my dinner I'm photographing and all I want to do is eat it!

Happy Cooking Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, mad scientist! Your molto bene chicken looks tres bien! :-)

    ReplyDelete