A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Friday, January 10, 2014

A Comforting Accompaniment......

I love a light and fluffy tea biscuit with a bowl of chili or nice plate of home baked beans.  Here's my recipe.....

Tea Biscuits

2 cups all purpose flour
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp butter
1 cup milk

Sift together all dry ingredients.  Cut in the butter, I am impatient so I use an electric mixer with whipper attachment.  Add milk to make a soft dough.  Drop onto buttered cookie sheet.  Bake at 450 deg for 12 to 15 minutes until well risen and lightly browned.

Enjoy your light and fluffy biscuits.


2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! They browned up really nicely. Now that I make mine with white rice flour we don't see the golden browning any more, but I still LOVE biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White rice flour sounds interesting, does it change the flavour?

      Delete