A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Day #2 of Sprouting.....

Here's a photo of my sprouting seeds as they look today.....



The seed "skin" is starting to crack and little sprouts are appearing.  The larger seeds haven't cracked yet in the "crunchy sprout mix" but the "mung beans" (my favourite sprout) are well under way to becoming a chow mein this weekend.  :)

My Son is loving this new growing adventure as much as I am.  It has awakened the gardener in me a bit early this year, this morning I was combing through the Veseys Seeds catalogue preparing my seed order.  Reading about what's new and trying to decide what to plant this year.  Surely Spring is just around the corner....

'til next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hope srings eternal and there's nothing that shows more hope and faith than gardening. The snow is melting and making way for Spring. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind is whirling with spring and summer plans - how many meat birds should we get and when, what to plant in my garden...... Decisions Decisions.... :)

      Delete