A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

3 Little Piggies.....

Well, there will be 3 little piggies.  One little piggy was very smart and stayed close by his Momma.  Nobody messes with Momma so he's spending another night with her, hopefully he will come home tomorrow.

I had no idea catching pigs would be so hard.  They don't look like fast creatures but they are.  And when you have to consider Momma's emotions it makes it even trickier.

Here's a picture of our two newest additions to the farm:


So, now our meat chickens have competition for our garden vegetable scraps.


'til next time....

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :) I have green spinach and Kale peeking through the snow, I was shocked! The spinach looks fantastic, nice looking leaves. I had no idea it would survive the winter! I have it planted in what used to be my herb garden box so it's safe to grow as it pleases. I am so excited!

      Delete