A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Welcome to the Library!

I got my first ever public library card this week.  I want to read, I have enjoyed reading in the past, I enjoy reading to my Son but this way if I don't read a whole book, lose interest and return it I don't have to feel guilty.  No money was spent/lost in the fail of intent.

The library is at the local recreation centre where I go walking so it's convenient for picking up and returning books.  It's nice and very convenient to be able to search for and reserve books online for pick up.  The new library was seen as "a waste of money" by many with the new age of e-books but I prefer reading a real book made of paper, I stare at a computer screen most of my day.  Also, studies are showing a real book is much better for your sleep.  If you read at night an e-book emits blue light which interferes with your natural sleep.  The same blue light may also cause cataracts, not only emitted from e-books but computer screens and smart phones as well.  I'll take a paperback book any day.

'til next time.  Have fun, find time to play, life is too short to work your life away.


No comments:

Post a Comment