A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Friday, January 09, 2015

Taking Time To Chill......

As I sip my second cup of hot chocolate this morning, taking a moment to relax before I start my days home work, I find myself on Pinterest searching for different recipes from my boards.  Since I started meal planning we are eating less BBQ steak and more variety. I would, however, like to try some new recipes but find it challenging to select ones everyone will like.  My husband and Son are not fans of vegetables.  My Son loves stew, he likes his vegetables with flavour.  We are also eating way less take out.  Any time I don't prepare a monthly meal plan we slip back into the take out trap.  That happened to us last month, with preparations for Christmas added to our already busy life exhaustion sucked us in and we ended up eating too much take out.  Our pocket book and my waist line have both suffered.  So, this month I am making sure I have a solid meal plan in place and exercise to get rid of my extended waist line.

I also reflect on what I have to do today, my first day off this week.  I have cookie dough in the fridge waiting to be made into yummy cookies, I have a file of paperwork to my right waiting to be entered into Simply Accounting, I have my workout area calling my name......right now I am ignoring it all, taking the time to chill.

'til next time... take care, have fun and play.  Life's too short to work it away.....

No comments:

Post a Comment