A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Freshly Fallen Snow.....

This morning as I drove to work I saw several people taking pictures of the freshly fallen snow.  One lady was taking a photo across the LaHave River, I tried to see what she may be taking a picture of as I drove by but nothing caught my eye. I didn't get chance to take any photos this morning.  My morning consisted of shovelling the snow off our deck, packing my lunch and rushing out the door with hopes the roads were cleared well.  I was very happy to see that they were in pretty good condition considering what they were like the night before.

Now we are making plans for a Snowmobiling adventure this weekend.  I am hoping to have many beautiful photos to share with you of our adventures on the trails.  And, I'm hoping the rain they are forecasting for Sunday turns to snow!  There are few things as peaceful and as beautiful as driving through the wilderness on a Snowmobile during a snowfall.

'til next time!

1 comment: