A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Back to Church.....

Sunday January 13th, 2013

This was my first day back to Church since before Christmas.

I am still intimidated by Communion.  I am not sure why but I can't bring myself to go up.  I took note today of how they hold their hands, they cup one hand under the other to take the offering.  I am very shy about it for some reason and on the other hand feel bad when I don't participate.  I really wish the only did communion once a month, then I wouldn't have to feel bad for not participating on a weekly basis.  One of these days I will go up again.  :)

I received my official offering envelopes today.  And I was delighted when they sang a Christmas Hymn, I knew the words!  I will learn and eventually I will feel at home.  Right now it's a learning process, it's almost like learning a foreign language.  Pastor Ben mentioned a Bible Study being offered by the Church however, with my work schedule and my husbands work schedule and commitments to my family it isn't possible for me to attend.  So, as I said to my Mom on our way home from Church, I will just have to learn all I have to learn by attending Church on Sunday.  Eventually it will all fall into place.

'til next time....


2 comments:

  1. The traditions and doctrines of your church will fall into place for you. I'm sure of it because you have an open and willing heart. Though having said that, there will probably always be some new hymn to learn or doctrine to study because there will be layers to all those wonderful traditions.

    I hope you enjoy the process. It's wonderful to see someone in your generation taking the initiative to go to church and just remember that there was a first time for everyone you see who is taking communion today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, that is exactly what I tell myself as I sit cowardly in my seat, they weren't born knowing all this stuff either! And, it's funny, they called me as I was on my way out the door to go to work to let me know the Bible Study was cancelled due to the snow storm....I'm wondering if they feel I really really need to attend haha! All I can say is I haven't burst into flames yet haha! But seriously, Pastor Ben knows I'm new to Church and I've let him know I'm just learning so I guess they want to help learn quicker with an extra day/week thrown in there lol

      Delete