A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The seeds are sprouting!

Well, I have already admitted I'm addicted to purchasing transplants.  Today I added a Lime Green Sweet Pepper plant and a Yellow Sweet Pepper Plant to the garden, they were on sale which makes them irresistible.  They were beautiful plants, already bearing peppers.

My lettuce and radish (only planted to mark where I planted my carrots) are sprouting already.  The tiny pepper plants I didn't think would amount to much are peeking out of their "greenhouse" containers.

We removed the "greenhouse" containers from the Brandywine and Sweet Mojo today and put the tomato towers around them.

I have 18 tomato plants in total! And 18 Sweet Pepper Plants - yellow, green/red, lime green and orange!

I am happy everything is planted and seems to be doing well.

'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment