A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Saturday, December 08, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS.  I love the music, the food, the decorations and I love sharing with my family and friends.

I love baking cookies and decorating them.  This year we decorated a gingerbread house for the first time.....

We attended a local Children's Christmas Party and got to build and decorate another gingerbread house.  My Son wanted to show his work to Santa.  Santa thought it was a very nice gingerbread house.  :)

Here's his two works of art.  All that matters to me is that he is happy.  The look on his face when Santa arrived at the party brought tears to my eyes.  His Joy is My Joy.

Can you guess who decorated our tree this year?  Yes, that's right, my Son.  He did a fine job too.  I think Santa will like the Christmas tree as much as the gingerbread house......

I hope everyone enjoys this Holiday Season as much as I do.  Yes, sometimes it gets a bit hectic but such is life.  What really matters is the end of the day when you're all together, enjoying each others company.

Happy Holidays!

'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment