A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Happy Holidays!

Wow, it has been over a month since I wrote an update.  We now have snow on the ground and the biggest thing on my mind these days is SPRING.  I realize it's not good to wish time away but I am anxious for Spring to arrive for so many reasons.  I am currently planning how many meat chicks to order and when, how many pigs we want this year - the decision of "when" in regards to the pigs is made for us, apparently they are coming to the farm in March.  AND I am anxious for camping season!!!!  I have been searching Pinterest for casseroles and easy food to prepare when we're camping.  I have been searching the internet for great campsites.  Many of our Christmas gifts this year were camping related.

Meal planning is still going great.  We have run out of freezer beef so BBQ steak is no longer on the menu.  We have a side of local beef ordered and will be bringing it home some time next month.  I'm missing the stew meats.

Our hens have slowed laying again.  I guess they will be happy when spring arrives as well.

We had a fantastic Family Christmas yesterday.  Lots of yummy food.  We are truly Blessed.  I can't believe another year is coming to an end!  Time sure does fly when you're having fun.

I hope 2014 brings you much happiness.

'til next time!

2 comments:

  1. The snow is so pretty today. I hope you can get a little enjoyment from it as visions of campsites dance in your head. ;-) Happy Holidays from our side of the fence to yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly have vision of campsites dancing in my head! That would have been a great title for this post Sue! I have decided to try to make the best of this white stuff and enjoy the winter. I am also convinced it will make it go faster if I at least try to enjoy it ;) Having the snow to play in makes winter much more enjoyable for sure.

      Delete