A Small Homestead

Welcome to my blog about our adventures on and away from our modest family homestead. We are a young family trying to raise as much of our own food as possible and still enjoy life while holding down full time jobs and work two small home based businesses. Life can get hectic and challenging but at the end of the day we have most importantly each other, good food on our table and a roof over our heads.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Our Home Away From Home....

After my late husband passed away I saw a psychologist to help me through my grief, guilt and blame.....She said my personality is "I want it done NOW". Apparently I am impatient....hmmmm, think someone less qualified may have told me that in the past as well ;)  Any how.....  This is how things "roll" at our household.....in August we tried camping as a family in a tent for the first time.  In September we bought a lovely tent trailer to have a few more luxuries while camping.  Well, here we are in October and we now have a 27' travel trailer in our yard - our home away from home.

We were looking for that "certain one", the one that caught our eye and was within our budget.  To our excitement we found it.  We did not expect to find it so soon, especially since our budget wasn't very high. Seems like an odd time of the year for such a purchase but this time of year you get the deals, the dealers are wanting to clear out as much as they can so they don't have to keep them over winter, it also gives them a few more dollars in their account going into the off season.  They just got this trailer in 3 days before we purchased it.  After looking at some real losers I didn't hesitate making an offer.

I know it's not good to wish your life away but I am very anxious for winter to be over so we can enjoy our travel trailer.  Apparently we can no longer say we are "camping", I believe the proper term now is "RVing".  Camping is pitching a tent somewhere in the woods and living without toilet, furnace, shower etc. That's fine, I'll take "RVing" over camping any day.  Enjoying the fresh air and wilderness with the comforts of home.  I am by no means a "Princess" but I do love my comforts such as a nice bed, shower and toilet....

'til next time!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment